Versus Hiring a Real-Estate Agent
When it comes time to sell their property, many homeowners are unaware that there are other options besides calling a realtor. The real estate landscape is changing and it has become more popular for people to sell their properties to real estate investors instead of going through the lengthy and intensive sales process generally reserved for putting a house on the market. Now, you may be asking yourself, “Why should I sell my home to a real estate investor instead of a realtor?” As with any situation, there are going to be several things to consider when answering that question. Here is a list of benefits for selling your house or property to a real estate investor.
- When selling to an investor, you get all cash for your home.
- You don’t need to pay thousands of dollars in commissions to a realtor.
- You don’t have to worry about repairs since investors will buy your property as-is.
- The burden of having to clean the property after you move disappears! There’s no need for you to worry about cleaning up.
- Investors are flexible with closing times. We will work with you to schedule a closing date that works best for you.
- At Property Buyers, we buy all types of property, not just houses. You are not limited by the type of property that you want to sell.
- If you sell your home to an investor, you will no longer have to deal with expensive property taxes, utilities, mortgage payments and insurance payments.
- You won’t have deal with the stress of managing a vacant property. No more worrying about squatters or vandals crossing on to your property.
- We can provide you with an offer right away. You aren’t obligated to take it, and you will know quickly what we can do for you, rather than waiting around to see what the market does.
- You deal directly with us. No messy slew of contacts like realtors, appraisers, lenders, etc. Just us.
- We handle all of the paperwork so that you can just sit back, relax, and collect your money once the sale has been made.
- We offer flexible payment options so that you can find a solution that suits your needs.
- It is easy to get in contact with us if you have any questions or concerns.
- With a realtor, you may have to compete with other buyers and sellers for their time and attention. You want the focus to be on selling your home, but the agent will have to focus on all of the homes he currently lists for sale (or buyers they might be working with). With us, you have our undivided attention.
- We are experts within the industry. Even if you decide not to sell with us, we can help by explaining all of your options.
- You won’t need to worry about bring your property up to current building codes.
- When you sell to an investor, we will pay all of the closing cost fees, which can save you a ton.
- You don’t have to worry about choosing the wrong real estate agent, which would mean that you would have to work with someone who doesn’t mesh with your personality or agree with your ideas. You are bound by contract to use their services for a specified amount of time and if you end up choosing the wrong person, there could be never-ended disagreements in marketing strategy, price, or things such as the number of open houses they host. What a nightmare.
- We will buy your home fast. If you are in a situation where time is of the essence, we will make it happen quickly. How is that possible? As “The Pros and Cons of Selling Your Home to An Investor” from Forbes will tell you, when you sell to an investor, the sale of the property is not reliant on approved financing, appraised values, home inspections, or anything like that. When you bypass all of these steps, it considerably expedites the process so that you can put the headache of trying to sell your home behind you and move on with your life.
- A real estate agent cannot guarantee that your home will be sold, especially not in any amount of time. Fortunately, we can.
- We will purchase your San Diego property regardless of what is happening in the economy or in the housing market.
- Your home will not sit on the market for months at a time if you sell to an investor. If your house has been on the market with a realtor for many months and your desire to sell has become more urgent, we can definitely help you.
- If your property is vacant, you won’t have to make payments on an empty house anymore.
- You won’t even need to think about the hassles of maintaining your property as a landlord. No careless tenants running your home, and no broken faucets or toilets to fix.
- You don’t have to spend your valuable time dealing with a real estate agent and their intensive home sale process.
- No strangers traipsing through your house day in and day out.
- No preparing your home to be shown every single day.
- You don’t have to worry about your home devaluing or deteriorating if it takes a long time to sell.
- If you have pets, a realtor may ask you remove them from the house during showings. This is a huge hassle for you, and it can end up costing a small fortune if you have to board them all day while you go to work.
- We can often halt the foreclosure process as soon as you decide to sell your property to us.
Overall, the main advantage to keep in mind is that if you are in a situation where time and money are huge factors for you, selling to a real estate investor is a great option because your house will sell fast, and you will get cash right away. You may not get as much as you would after putting your house on the market, but after you consider the amount of money it will cost to renovate, repair, clean and prepare your property for the market, you might be better off washing your hands of the entire process. Also, when you sell to an investor, you do not have to pay a huge commission to a realtor or risk having to wait 6 or more months before your property finally sells.
“Should You Use a Realtor or Sell to an Investor” from BiggerPockets.com declares that selling to an investor is not without its risks. But a homeowner can reduce their risk of dealing with bad or fraudulent investors by performing research and reference checks. At Property Buyers, we are happy to provide you with any references you need because we are a proud company that has been buying homes in the San Diego area for years. When selling your home with us, your property will be sold quickly and profitably, leaving you free to walk away and move on with your life, whatever your ultimate goals may be. If you are considering selling your San Diego house to an investor, give us a call or fill out our contact form. We are ready to make you an all-cash offer today.